TO DO THIS WEEKEND: BOSTON AUGUST 25 – 27th, 2023 Boston Caribbean Carnival
Boston Caribbean Carnival Returns for 50th Anniversary
The Boston Caribbean Carnival is an annual event that celebrates the culture and heritage of the Caribbean. The carnival takes place on Saturday, August 26, 2023, with a festival and parade. The festival takes place from 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM at Franklin Park in Boston. The parade starts at 11:00 AM at the corner of Tremont and Warren Streets in Boston.
The Boston Caribbean Carnival is organized by the Caribbean American Carnival Association of Boston (CACAB). The CACAB is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1979. The organization’s mission is to promote and preserve Caribbean culture in Boston.
The Boston Caribbean Carnival is a free event, and it is open to the public. The festival features food, music, and dancing from all over the Caribbean. The parade also features floats, costumes, and music from all over the Caribbean.
The Boston Caribbean Carnival is a great way to experience the culture and heritage of the Caribbean. It is a colorful and festive event that is sure to entertain people of all ages.
Friday Night on Activate Radio
News, Ecological Reality, Interviews with Legends in the Arts, Civil Rights Yesterday and Today: Order a pizza and settle-in! Activate Radio is committed to diversity and the voices of the marginalized. If you’re looking for a unique and diverse radio experience, check out Activate Radio! You can listen wherever you are, online at activatemedia.org.
- 6PM ET: Democracy Now! is an independent, global news hour that broadcasts daily on over 1,400 other radio stations and websites in the United States and around the world. The show is hosted by Amy Goodman and Juan González, and it features a mix of news, interviews, and analysis.
- 7PM ET Radio Ecoshock is a weekly radio program that examines the environmental impact of human activity. The show is hosted by Alex Smith, and it features interviews with experts on a variety of environmental topics. Tonight: Disaster in the Making: Cascading Tipping Points & Permafrost
- 8PM ET NonVisual Radio is a radio program that features interviews with Legends in the Arts. This Week: Joe Viglione Interviews songwriter, musician, and performing artist Jon Pousette-Dart.
- 9PM ET The Big Picture is a weekly radio program that explores the big ideas that are shaping our world. The show is hosted by Melvin Syrie, Jr., and it features interviews and discussions on a variety of topics, including politics, economics, culture, and civil rights. Tonight: The Black Family, Past, Present and Future.
Events happening in Boston this Weekend, July 14-16th, 2023
Friday, August 25
- 5 PM: Saint Anthony’s Feast at 203 Endicott St, Boston, MA (Boston)
- 7 PM: Boston Jazz Fest 2023 at 600 D St, Boston, MA (Boston)
- 7 PM: Magic Room Presents Check the Diagonal with Stone Temple, Brock Lander’s Real Thing at Magic Room (Norwood)
- 8 PM: Face First, Bed of Razors, Throw, Abrupt Decay at Middle East Restaurant and Nightclub (Cambridge)
- 8 PM: Zigmont // Remy // Hippy Commune Pipe Dream // Bad at Drawing at The Jungle Community Music Club (Somerville)
- 8 PM: Pregame Rituals, Talk Chalk, everythingsadream at Faces Brewing Co. (Malden)
- 9 PM: ecco 64/ tiefling / adlo / lil kevo / Dash Beats at OBriens (Allston)
- 9:30 PM: The B+ w/ TORUS at Midway Cafe (Jamaica Plain)
Tomorrow, August 26
Sunday, August 27