Three Mile Island 40th Anniversary SPECIAL, Pt. 1 – Nuclear Terror, Radiation Lies – Nuclear Hotseat 8 PM Wednesday Night on Activate Radio
NOTE: I am currently in Harrisburg, PA, for events surrounding the 40th anniversary of the 1979 nuclear meltdown at Three Mile Island. Today’s program, Nuclear Hotseat’s Annual TMI Anniversary SPECIAL, will be followed in two weeks by another SPECIAL, this one on the result of my current trip, including current actions around TMI, what’s been learned about health and safety, and the industry’s frantic, high-monied full court press to extend the reactor’s life beyond a scheduled 2019 closing. – Libbe.
This Week: Three Mile Island 40th Anniversary SPECIAL
Libbe HaLevy’s recounting of that terrifying accident
from having been only one mile away.
Includes interviews with and information from:
- Arnie Gundersen, Chief Engineer for Fairewinds Energy Education.
Watch a video of Arnie Gundersen speaking about the accident at the 40th Anniversary of the founding of Three Mile Island Alert.
- Peter Bradford, who was a Commissioner at the Nuclear Regulatory Commissioner during the TMI accident.
- Eric Epstein, Chair of Three Mile Island Alert at TMIA.org.
- Three Mile Island Alert’s Radiation monitoring at EFMR.org
- Mary Stamos (Osborn), long time Middletown resident, TMI survivor, and TMIA member, whose collection of mutated plants and flowers has just been accepted by the Smithsonian Institution.
- Walter Cronkite, anchor for the CBS Evening News at the time of TMI and known as “the most trusted newsman in America. (Cronkite’s CBS network reports on TMI have been SCRUBBED FROM YOUTUBE!)
- Interviews with residents, doctors, activists, audio from inside TMI as the accident was happening, media reports, and more.
- PLUS: Nuclear Hotseat host Libbe HaLevy’s personal story of having been one mile away from TMI while the accident was happening. This is the subject of Libbe’s recently published nuclear memoir, Yes, I Glow in the Dark! One Mile from Three Mile Island to Fukushima and Nuclear Hotseat.Available on Amazon.
This information is from the Nuclear Hotseat Website.